Pages

Search "Moose Chronicles".....for :

Monday, May 28, 2012

Before.......... & Thereafter..!


" Before I was married and endured the pain (gut-wrenching) of a horrible divorce, I was a pretty easy going, trustworthy, & loving person.
I feel as though I am now turning into a bitter, non-trusting, unattractive old person.
I do not want this for myself, I deserve better than this of which I feel I have become (not to 
mention very lonely).
I want to become what I was before all of this took place in my life.
Can you please help me? "
When I've read the above......... I could identify with it !
I've .....been there, worn the T-shirt etc.

'She' wants to become as she was before the storm.
The problem is, we can never become as we were before the storm!
Each experience, good or bad, changes us.

Let's look at a literal storm in the natural.
A typical storm has several or all of the following elements:
1. Heavy Wind
2. Heavy Rain
3. Lightening
4. Thunder
5. Darkness
6. Clouds
7. A sense of foreboding.

After the storm has several or all of the following elements:
1. All loose items have been blown from their original location.
2. If the winds are strong enough, all rigid items are snapped.
3. All areas without good drainage are flooded
4. All areas with good drainage are washed clean.
5. High and pointy things often draw lightening and are struck.
6. There is usually quiet after the storm.
7. There is usually much greater light after the storm.
8. The sky is clearer.
9. The sun is often shinning.
10. Either there is sense of relief or a sense of despair.

Our storms of life are very similar...........
* They will blow away anything not anchored solidly or not flexible or strong enough to stand against the wind.
* If we don't allow the rain to leave, we are flooded with thoughts and emotions & can drown in them.
* If we do allow the rain to drain, we are cleaner than before.
* Storms often attack our pride greatest. 
The high and pointy things are struck first and we are left smoldering in anger.
* The air is charged greatest before and after a storm.
We feel it all around us.


There is a way to have peace during & after the storm.
Anyone in the vicinity of storm would do well to listen to .......
.........the soft whispering' Voice of the Holy Spirit' 

Shalom & Maranatha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 'person' behind the 'words'..has an insight into many truths. When may I meet him?
I've been reading his thoughts for a while now and it amazes me that life's struggles and storms keep coming up in his blogs. So he must be rooted very strongly after surviving many a storm!
My wish for him is calmer waters, to have a loving caring person right next to him , making any other storm still to come, being shared and those in the past, being forgotten.