Pages

Search "Moose Chronicles".....for :

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Tree of Troubles........ "Parrot Tree"

A carpenter was hired to help restore an old farm house, 
had just finished a rough first day on the job.

 A flat tire had caused him to miss an hour of work.....
- his electric saw quit, 
 and now his ancient car '83 VW Passat refused to start.

As I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. 
When we arrived he invited me in to meet his family.


 As we walked to the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, 
touching the tips of the branches with both hands......


When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation.
His tanned face was wreathed in smiles; 

-he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.
Afterward he walked me to the car........


 We passed by the tree and my curiosity got the better of me.
I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.


"Oh, that's my trouble tree : Parrot Tree," he replied. 
"I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, they
don't belong in the house with my wife and children. 

So, I just hang them on the tree when I come home in the evening
and then I just pick them up again in the morning."



"Funny thing, though," he smiled........., 
........"when I come out in the morning to pick them up, there ain't nearly as many as I remembered hanging there the night before."


Shalom

No comments: