Pages

Search "Moose Chronicles".....for :

Friday, June 18, 2010

Being in the trenches & 'Street-Wise'...about Life...?

The older I get the less I know, but I know some things...

* I'm a work in process and that there will always be a gap between who I am and who I want to be.
* I don't have to be sick to get better, and that every day brings opportunities to improve my life and my character.
* It's easier to talk about integrity than to live it, and that the true test is my willingness to do the right thing even when it costs more than I want to pay.
* Character is more important than competence.
* It takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.
* I often judge myself by my best intentions and most noble acts, but that I'll be judged by my last worst act.
* I can't control what will happen to me, but that I have a lot to say about what happens in me.
* Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.
* Attitudes, both good and bad, are contagious.
* Winning is more than coming in first, and that there's no real victory without honor.
*  It takes a conscientious effort to be kind, but that kindness changes lives.
* Neither gratitude nor forgiveness comes naturally; both often require acts of will.
* Real success is being significant.
* Happiness is deeper and more enduring than either pleasure or fun, and that I'm generally as happy as I'm willing to be.
* The surest road to happiness is good relationships, and that the best way to have good relationships is to be a good person.

Shalom

No comments: