Pages

Search "Moose Chronicles".....for :

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Work ... & Way ..... Which describes your Life, -at best TODAY ?


I................, as it was the case with Moses realize I need God 'fervently';
........... to teach me His ways in order for me to prosper in my Relationship with God......! 
Moses asked God: "If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you" (Ex 33:12). 

"So I have caused you to be despised and humiliated before all the people, because you have not followed my ways but have shown partiality in matters of the law" (Mal 2:9).

The 'Permutations of Choice' of 'Work & Way'

My work, My way - When you and I live in this world without Christ we live a life just as Esau lived his life. Esau despised his birthright and failed to enter into a relationship with God that allowed him to fulfill his destiny. In essence, Esau fulfilled his work, his way. His life represented the carnal life of the flesh.
His work, my way - When you and I become born-again by the Spirit of God, we begin to focus our attention on living for Christ. We realize it is His work we are doing but it takes time before we learn what it means to do His work, His way.
My work, His way - As the Holy Spirit does His work in us, we learn to walk with God. We learn what it means to see our work as His work and we desire to do it His way. The Israelites were guilty of not knowing His ways and were unable to move into the Promised Land because of not understanding how to do Their work, His ways.
His work, His way - When we begin to walk with God we begin to realize that all that we do is His work and He calls us to do it His way. When we begin to walk with God in this manner we begin to see the Kingdom of God manifested in 'all of the facets' of our lives. We begin to experience His power and learn what it means to do His work, His way.  

Shalom...! 



1 comment:

Louise Nieder-Heitmann said...

I realize over and over again that nothing gives me so much pleasure, peace and joy as God - His faithfulness, His grace, His plans for each of our lives, His nature of standing with us through thick and thin etc. To be in His will is to have perfect peace - not necessary comfort or an easy life but peace and joy. Thanks for sharing this Hendrik. May we all pray the same prayer as Moses.

Shalom