Pages

Search "Moose Chronicles".....for :

Saturday, November 14, 2009

The "little" things...........like 10 seconds

You are right; it is the little things....I hear my own voice echoing through my mind.

I was getting medical attention some time ago and the clerk put on my ID bracelet.
She must have noticed I was nervous. Because as she put on my bracelet, she touched me with both hands...and rubbed my arm.

She said something...... But, I don't remember what she said!
I do remember, the touch............it has stayed with me for quite some time now....?

It is amazing how such a simple thing can be remembered for so long.....

I also think back on one of many an act of kindness that I remember from time long ago:
I was passing out 'flyers' / pamphlet circulars of a product & service I was marketing.
I stood on a particular corner. I learned a lot about crowd psychology from those endeavors. If there was a crowd of people coming across the crosswalk as the light changed, it was vital that you got the first person in the crowd to take one of your flyers.
If the first person took one, the rest would likely take one.
If the first person refused, the rest would likely refuse.

One day a particularly rude person brushed me aside with a rather mean look. That wasn't unusual and it is not her that I remember......
The rest of the crowd following her across the street also refused my circulars.
It was just a circular, and you get used to rejection when passing out circulars
I don't remember the rude person in front of the crowd.
I remember the last lady....

She was an older lady, perhaps mid-sixties to early seventies.
Her hair was white with age and her frame frail from the years.
She wore a black dress.

Did those things matter?

No, I just remember them.

She didn't need my product & service, ever...... That I could plainly see.

Knowing the demeanor of the rest of the crowd, I made no real attempt to give her a circular, after all, she was the one person in the crowd that couldn't use what I was selling.

She stopped and extended her aged hand for one of my circulars.

I gladly gave her one and with that transfer, it lifted the rejection of countless others before her.

She spoke three words . . .

"Jesus loves you" .....and walked away.

That was 20 years ago.

It was a "small act of 10 second kindness" that made a big difference.

Think on this.....What "small act of 10 second kindness" made a big difference in your life?

Think also on this......What "small act of 10 second kindness" can you do to make a big difference in someone else's life?

Neither of the two examples above cost anything or took more than 10 seconds.

Have YOU got 10 seconds.......for someone else...?

Don't do it because you 'must' ....
Do it because you really want to ....
Something within you ....telling you : "I  really would like to..."