Pages

Search "Moose Chronicles".....for :

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

6 Happiness 'SECRETS' I’ve learned ..........from dogs


My earliest memories have to do with dogs, it seems as though they have always been a part of my life.... 
Still to this day, a dog continues to impact me in profound ways!
There’s just something about having a dog as a friend. . .
A dog inspires me & brings out the best in me... most of the time!

The happiest people in my walks of life are mostly nature /animal lovers.

These are pretty awesome people.... stretching accross the age-spectrum up to 97 years old......
It’s interesting, how similar we humans are to dogs, (or to some aspect of animals in general)
If you’re attentive, -dogs can be a perpetual reminder of the inherent (latent) goodness in each of us...

Often times the most simple things in life & (many an aspect creation around us),  can offer the most valuable lessons.....
With that said, it recently got me thinking about 6 core happiness 'secrets' I’ve learned from dogs over the years:

* Unconditional love- he’s always happy to see me, never holds a grudge, always forgives…
No matter what, no matter how bad a day you’ve had, the one thing that you can surely count on is your dog being excited to see you! 

* Loyalty- he’s beyond loyal- he’s focused. 

Day in and day out you take care of him and he takes care of you. 
His devoted friendship is one of the most predictable things in life.
Never would he even consider trading you in, -for someone else with better looks, more riches, or any other envious material attribute.........

* Teamwork- he knows his role and who’s the boss, and he always has my back covered beyond exception.


* Patience & Persistence- no attachment to time, to how many tries it takes.
He’s unattached to time..... !

When it comes to business, the solution is to learn to use the leverage of time. 
I have found that as I apply myself in my work, I cannot get hung up on the process (time) or how it unfolds, AND be happy at the same time.
I find I am the happiest, (happier than a dog, I imagine), when I’m unattached to how long it takes to complete the process; I persist beyond exception regardless what it takes...... Period!
I set an intention for the outcome and then I let things happen and fall into place organically, ALL WHILE simultaneously working my back-side off. 
 (Don’t confuse what I am saying with .......being passive!)
People ask : “How is it you can juggle so many different things at one time? 
How can you accomplish so much?”
Well, it’s all about patience and persistence, something my dog has much more of than me!

* Follows his nose (instincts)- relies on smell vs. sight , (...& couldn’t care less what people think about him...) 
Dogs have an incredible sense of smell ! 
They don’t care what something looks like, it’s all in how “it” smells. 
There’s a huge, huge lesson in this.... 
As humans we are so attached to "how" things look, but if we instead could hone our intuition we’d be much further ahead.
Trust your 'initial' gut-feeling, &  never forgets about 2Cor 5:7 : ".... we walk by Faith, -not by mere Sight..."

But, the greatest happiness producing super-lesson I have learned is this..........:
* Having no expectations (aside from their basic needs being met), I would consider dogs are of the 'most' happiest of creatures, -to my knowledge

The bizarre thing is that I have come to realize that I am at my happiest and best when I live by these very simple, uncomplicated principles............
Trust your intuition ( inclusive of the Discernment & Leading of the Holy Spirit in your endeavours), & don’t waste energy fretting over the process, as your only concern is the eventual outcome- NOT how long it takes to get there. 
Eliminate expectation- It is the enemy of happiness

Enjoy the "Now" (the Process)! 
" Do your Best; Trust in the Lord with your whole Heart, & leavce the rest to Him.."
Hold onto Him in everything you plan & endeavour..... 
Don’t obsess about time or get hung up on appearances.
Stop comparing yourself to those around you....!

 Once this is accomplished, I encourage you to eliminate (unrealistic) 'expectation'- a useless & destructive force- and open up space in your life for joyous contentment....!

At the end of the day there are a few things we all know:
Life isn’t fair.....
You have to “be good to be lucky, and lucky to be good.”
We are all dealt with the cards we are dealt.


In light of the circumstances we all have to deal with, it’s not so much what happens to us- it’s about how we REACT to what happens to us in situations beyond our control.......


Only 'resting' in God can Graciously bestow us, -with the Peace, -that forms the foundation of the attitude of 'Real Happiness'.........

Shalom & Maranatha

No comments: