Pages

Search "Moose Chronicles".....for :

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Marriage Vows ..... in Life ! / Huweliks - Geloftes !

When God measures the Substance of the Love of a man/woman...., 
He surely puts the measuring-tape around his Heart,
 NOT his 'head'

All of us have witnessed many weddings..........

The dresses, tuxedos, the church decorations, and the food are what 'most'  focus on.
I was nevertheless mesmerized / enamored by a word,
...that one word,
one day, at a wedding............

The 'one word answer' to the question,
"...do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

I expected the typical, "I do."
Those two words made both famous and infamous.
I was not expecting the 'normal'  answer.

Nevertheless........
A voice loud and clear rang out with one word.
It reverberated from the ceiling as his one word,
filled with resolve,
carried his answer throughout the church..........

"Absolutely!"

Far too often, "we do" but NOT absolutely.......
Our commitment is filled with ifs, ands, and buts.

'We do' as long as.....
...  it's convenient.
... it benefits us.
...  it's not painful.
... they remain beautiful or handsome.
... they keep their figure.
... the bills are paid
... they stay healthy.
... no one more exciting or more affluent looks our way.
... it suits us....

What things or people in life are we truly committed to?
To whom have we really said and meant, "Absolutely."

Is this the way a man and a woman should enter into marriage?
Should they feel that level of commitment?
Should they really believe that the only way they would ever separate is by death?

Did they (in front) ....Mr. Right & Mrs. Right....... actually believe that?
Absolutely!

.... & so DO I !

Shalom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got this web page from my buddy who informed
me concerning this website and now this time I am visiting this web site and reading
very informative articles or reviews at this time.

Here is my site; bet angel