Pages

Search "Moose Chronicles".....for :

Monday, February 13, 2012

Blessing of others! / Die Seen van andere !



It happened sometime ago.......
During a mind-numbing period of adjustment after my former wife traded me in for someone richer &/or better..... 


Having gone shopping for basic necessities, I was standing in an otherwise empty aisle of a chain store when suddenly I sneezed..........

Almost instantly, from the next aisle over I heard a voice call out, "Bless you," and then another, and another, and yet another. 

All in all, in the span of only a few seconds, I counted eleven different voices coming from every possible direction in the store, some saying "God bless you," others using the word "gezundheit," but all blessing me, all calling good down upon me.
At first I thought little of it. 

After all the idea of blessing someone when they sneeze is rooted in superstition, an archaic belief that in the act of sneezing the soul is thrown from the body, and a blessing is needed for spiritual protection.  Today, it is usually offered as no more than a courtesy, a polite response that has come to be socially accepted and expected. 
But on that particular day, in the first few moments following all those blessings being called out to me, I began to notice a difference in myself: A slight shift in perception that left me feeling more connected and empowered than I had in days. 
It also left me, for the first time since my 'traumatic loss', more confident that everything would be all right.
 Driving back home that day, I continued periodic "feelings" /checks, marveling at how much stronger I felt. 


I ponder thereafter on several questions / answers to the ' incident'
* "Do you think any one of them realized what they were saying?"
* "Or was it just out of habit?"
* "Just habit......." I answered my own question with a shrug, thinking about what a shame it was that people could give such a needed gift as a blessing and not even be aware of what they had done. 

* "It should be a habit, this business of blessing others," I thought a moment later. 
* "But it would be nice if people actually knew they could and were making a difference."

A seed was planted that day and sometime later it sprouted....... (Read about the start of 'Moose Chronicles' back in the beginning, - 2008's postings)

 It started as a gentle soul-whisper that poured forth as the words of a special blessing.....
Feeling compelled to take 'pen and paper' (my notebook); ready to capture each syllable as ad hoc inspired words flowed into my awareness, on an infrequent basis.....
Because of the power of the internet, 'these words' have since been sent across the earth and read in either Afrikaans or English, read by many, & as a result, I have received several comments back from people telling me how 'Moose Chronicles from Afar' has impacted them.

In each and every instance I have found myself being Blessed in return.....

I have often wondered since, if my new found, 'pain-reliving journal'  was the result of a serendipitous accident when I was both prone to sneeze; to listen to subtle nudges from the hearts of others ? 

Or was it, perhaps, that the Holy Spirit was present that day, inspiring others to offer blessings so that I might be lifted up?

Of course, it is a question I cannot answer, but I do know that since that time my Spiritual Life has deepened ever since. 

Many a day is now  centred on the 'act of blessing others' &  I have come to recognize it not only as one of the most powerful and practical ways we have for reconnecting with each other, our world and Life itself, but also the most phenomenal way possible to lead us in the direction of long-term sustainable adding worth & value to the life's of others..... 
It is a discovery I now endeavour at least weekly, to share with all whoever may care to read it....

A blessing, I have come to realize, is a sweet release from pain; a sacred reminder that we are made of love and goodness & as such, part of a greater and most wondrous whole of God's intentions for us..... 

It is an 'ancient key' & Biblical Truth to a Life of Sharing, with 'some significance', other than just receiving & consuming.

Whenever I share with others this phenomena, explaining how, as we each develop the habit of blessing others we are blessing our own lives, as well, I feel as if I have been given a wonderful gift.

 I realize once again how truly blessed I am.... 
It is my hope that as you read some of these postings & allow the 'Words' to enter your heart, you will be blessed in return. 
I could not ask for anything sweeter to my spirit, than that........


Shalom

No comments: