Pages

Search "Moose Chronicles".....for :

Friday, July 16, 2010

Despair, Depression ... & the Like : The ONLY Solution !


The most forceful, life-changing power in existence is the message of God’s unconditional love and acceptance in Jesus Christ. 
Married to a  man driven by ambition, "X" lived in many parts of the world. 
However, rather than enjoying an exciting lifestyle, "X" was plagued by continual depression. Through her dependence on prescribed medication, she had tried to hang on to some sense of stability. 
But often even the drugs couldn’t give her comfort in the face of the onslaught of depression.
The emotional pain drove "X" to attempt to take her own life. 
Unhappy from the recurring cycle of depression and suicide, her husband deserted and divorced her. 
After the fourth attempt at suicide, she was too frightened to try again. 
She resigned herself to living, trying to tolerate the continuing depression.
When she was exposed to the Good News of Jesus Christ and His unfailing Love for her, "X" responded by immediately receiving Him as her Lord. 
She was amazed as she began to discover what God had to say about her in the Scriptures. She hung on every verse that talked of God’s love and acceptance of her, and of her new identity in Christ.
Her depressed appearance, tense nervousness, and labored movements began to be replaced by smiling bright eyes, serenity, and a spring in her step. "
"X’s total preoccupation with herself was soon replaced by a genuine concern for other people. Soon her deep depression was only a memory.
I’ll never forget the day "X" said to me with a beaming countenance, “All my life I’ve tried to kill myself, and I finally succeeded! I was unhappy for so long. But now I've learned how much God loves me, and I’m learning more every day. That old "X" is dead and gone...... But, the new "X" is alive and perfectly loved in Him.”
 “All my life I looked for someone to love me and to accept me just like I am
I tried to earn my family’s acceptance. 
I tried to earn my husband’s acceptance. 
I tried to earn my children’s love. 
I tried to earn my friends’ love. 
.......& all along I was even trying to earn God’s love and acceptance. 
But it’s terribly hard to make other people love you when you think you are unlovable. 
Only in Jesus have I found love and acceptance, that I can count on forever. 
But the wonderful thing is that since I quit trying to get people to love me, I have found more love than I could ever measure in God’s other children.
Today, "X" is a joyful, delightful Christian, full of compassion and love. 
She’s a fine, sensitive, and wise counselor to other people who are in the same trap of depression and despair that she escaped through Christ.
Every human being born into this poor, sin-sick world is born with a craving for unconditional love and acceptance. 
When we learn to rely totally on Jesus Christ, we find Him to be just what He promised: 
The total satisfaction for that gnawing hunger and thirst. 
ONLY in Him we find unconditional love, unconditional acceptance, and meaning and purpose in life. 
In Him our search comes to an end!
Try Him, - you WON'T be disappointed........ & that's a Promise...from God Himself ! 
Shalom !

No comments: