Pages

Search "Moose Chronicles".....for :

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Jogging, Looking for a moose .....Meeting God

Moose hunting Season opened here in Fort St Johns, BC Canada, today ….!


I stopped in my tracks…….earlier this afternoon. 


No, it was not yet for a moose trying to run me over, -it was all me, doing it unconsciously…but deliberately, -or was it the other way round ?
I Have been jogging, thinking…………. Talking with myself …….& with God .
That's what  jogging has become for me …..an appointment with God, -open eyes, open heart, excellent remedy to lessen the soften the 'heart-broken forget-pain' of the past….

"What does it really mean to be blameless before you ……God? " , …I asked politely,-while breathing heavily (or was it heavenly..?).

"Being blameless before God does not mean we are perfect……!
…On the contrary … No 'earthly' human being is / can ever be perfect. " 
Those were some of  the 'thoughts' that came in 'snippets' to my mind…….

It means that we so fully trust in God that we are willing to make things right when we (constantly) stumble & fail….!
When we are 'obediently' (in reverence), willing to humble ourselves continually before the throne of God, -at His feet, time & time again.

I stopped.….on the gravel, in the middle of nowhere. 

Dead Silence. 
No Moose.
Just me & God
"...Blessed is the man who Fully Trusts in You" (Psalm 84:12)....
......I quickly prayed…..

And then I knew….. no thinking…. Just instantly – Knowing-in-'my knower' with Certainty:
·    God has a specific plan for the me…..who fully (i.e.=100%, 99% is not OK !) Trust-in-Him.
·      He promises to be our Shield, to bestow Honor on us…..-in His time …..time made-up of 'His Eternity'
·      He will not withhold any good thing from them…. (but He may 'test' your motives (intentions of the heart) time & time again………& again)

What a promise!     
What motivation to be all that we can be 'in God'.
Imagine living a life that God views as blameless, which allows Him to withhold no good thing…….
Incredible !

I continue jogging with a new vigor in-my-step , -looking for an eluding moose to chase… & ride!
Praying, shamelessly ……….that God would make me, - that kind of person: 
'Blameless, because of Christ'
(….even if that may be a 'continuous very humbling'  daily experience……
I Thank You, -God,
In advance !
…..just in case I may forget, when 'the humbling thing' will again happen to me, again...Perhaps tomorrow ?)


Shalom


No comments: