Pages

Search "Moose Chronicles".....for :

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Evolving Shades of Change in Perception, -as Age erodes the 'Time remaining'...

"I crossed 65 & is heading towards 70 and realize that there are several changes in my perception of many aspects I view of Life....."



* After loving my parents, my brother, my present spouse, & my 3 children & others 'not worth the investment in time & effort & money'.....,
...I have now started loving myself...!
* I have realized that I am not “Atlas”!
The world does NOT rest on my shoulders (anymore)...
* I have stopped bargaining with vegetable & fruit vendors.
A few Rands /Cents more is not going to break me, but it might help the poor fellow save for .....(whatever) while trying to make a living...
* I leave the waitress/waiter a big(ger) tip than on previous occasions...
The extra money might bring a smile to her/his face.
She/He is toiling much harder for a living than many others that are too lazy to work & that are just expecting an easy handout...
* I stopped telling the elderly that they've already told that story many times...
The story makes them walk down memory lane & AGAIN relive their past!
* I have learned not to correct people even when I know they are wrong...
The onus of making everyone perfect is not on me, -but exclusively on God's timeous Agenda!
Peace becomes more & more precious than perfection...
* I give compliments more freely & generously...
Compliments are a mood enhancer not only for the recipient but also for me!
(....a small tip for the recipient of a compliment, never, NEVER turn it down, just say "Thank You.”)
* I have learned not to bother about a crease or a spot on my shirt...
'Personality' always speaks louder than appearances!
* I walk away from people who don't value me...
They might not know my worth, but I do!
* I remain cool when someone plays dirty to outrun me in the rat race...
I am not a rat & -neither am I in any race (anymore)!
* I am learning not to be embarrassed by my emotions...
It’s my emotions that make me truly human...!
* I have learned that it's better to drop the ego, -than to break a relationship...
My ego will keep me aloof, whereas, with relationships, I will never be alone!
* I have learned to live each day as if it's the last...
-After all, it might be the last!
* I am doing what makes me happy...
I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe it to myself!
Happiness is a choice.
You can be happy at any time, just choose to be!
Why do we have to wait so long to become 'authentic'-your-true-self?
Why can't we practice this at any stage and age...?

Shalom & Maranatha!

No comments: