Pages

Search "Moose Chronicles".....for :

Friday, March 18, 2011

Someone ........ to have as : 'Pride & Joy'

Not having a car for sometime after my 'pride & joy' (an 27-year old VW Passat,) had been unexpectedly stolen, -I know what it is to be without 'wheels' & effectively been in 'house-arrest' because public transport in SA is not readily available & therefore one is stuck to go anywhere, without having 'wheels'..........
I was therefore taking note of different models of cars, whilst viewing them from a 'safe distance'...... 
One morning while I was waiting for the traffic lights to change, a small white 'Kia' (Korean cheap car),  stopped alongside me, and as it slowly moved ahead, I noticed etched on the back windshield of the car, "Pride and Joy."  
Now a Kia is a relatively compact vehicle, and this one looked about 5-10 years old, but very well maintained.....
I realized that this was a.......... 'Thought-of-Significance'....
Each day I keep looking for a dream vehicle that may not ever be a reality.....
Yet this simple and cheaper car is someone's 'pride and joy' and well worth their time and effort to take care of it.

I realized that I am someone's Pride and Joy too, ...........Jesus' ! 
No matter how old I get, wear and tear, certain parts may breakdown, or need to be replaced; I may even run out of 'steam' sometimes, but He is always their to 'fill me' up, to check that my battery isn't rundown and can survive for my long journey 'Home'.....
Our Heavenly Father has given us this life as well as His' Word. 
He has given these to us so we have to value, appreciate and share with others, so that we all will be eternally blessed and know what it feels like to be Someone's Pride and Joy.


I, also want to be the same (as above) to 'Someone-of-significance'....!
How do I long & wish for a 'real life'person (woman) and family (children) that I can (again ?) have as my 'pride & joy', -& that I can treasure with my whole 'heart & sinew',
but this time , -2nd to Jesus Christ..... 
That they/she will also view me as their/her 'pride & joy' without having the intention/option to dispose cleverly of me, when I am 'obsolete' to their own skew ego-centric objectives.....

I am enjoying the used 'bakkie' I have acquired recently....
I am going to take care of it as best as I can. 

It does not matter what 'type of car' one owns, but rather, -how much value and purpose in your life that 'it' holds......

Shalom

No comments: